Clothing FAQ – Updated 4-12-2013
What are your measurements?
Currently 47 – 36 – 49
What size do you wear?
Depends on the article of clothing, the fabric, and the manufacturer. I have items from size medium up to size 4XL in my wardrobe, and all fit me well or are being tailored to do so.
- For jeans/trousers I most frequently wear Ann Taylor LOFT size 12 or 14 in whatever is in the curvy line that season. Their sizes are very consistent, and I love the cut of their jeans!
- TeeFury tees are a women’s Large, always.
- Bras: I tend to be a 34K in Panache, Curvy Kate, Freya, and Fantasie.
- Undies/knickers: I tend to be an XL, XXL, or UK size 20, depending on the fabric and cut.
- Pinup Girl Clothing I am most often an XL or 2XL.
- Bettie Page Clothing I am most often a 3XL or 4XL. (Note: this company has shifted to the name Tatyana for their brand, and I have not tried their clothing since the name change.)
- H&M tops I tend to go for M or L to get an appropriate amount of cling on the waist.
- The Stop Staring! dress I have is their size 18
- Underbust corsets: I aim for a 28″ in those.
- Stockings/Thigh-highs – closet fit I have found so far is the XL size in stockings at Marks and Spencer in the UK. Their stockings are 2 to a pack for around £5-6, so they are a good deal, and worth trying out. I do not wear thigh-highs/hold-ups with the silicon band at the top, as I find them uncomfortable, and they cut off my circulation. I have never found a pair at Torrid which fit, so I give up. Frederick’s of Hollywood never has what is supposed to be my size in stock, so I’ve never bought any and ceased trying.